Thursday, September 29, 2011

trivial things- two!

AUTHOR’S TALK:
It’s going to be almost a year now, since I got my bike and he has been nameless all this time. I think I should name him, he deserves one. If only he had a voice, by now everyone would have known all my secrets, including the number of times in a day I self-help * my primal urges ;) and there are chances that one another person( my room mate)  might have an idea!  Well, it’s not that difficult to guess if you are indulged in self-help sessions. A lengthy, silent shower would give a hint :P
I consider my bike akin to a stallion! Like Maximus aurelius’ Argento and Scarto. (P.S. calling a 100cc motorcycle a stallion sounds funny, but that is the one that carries me around). And, I’m not a soldier though, but I think I can rise up like o ne, when circumstances demand. Ok now let’s come to the point. I need to name by bike, so that I can communicate more effectively with him. I could tell him everything, like, how badly I miss and long for HER (lol, NOT just kidding); how badly I want to write that book in my mind; how terrible I would make a brother; how uninterested the world seems to me right now; how anxious I’m, about life at this point of time; how restless I become when I see Mila Kunis in the poster. I can’t go tell these things to everyone making myself look pathetic. I’m choosing him over everyone else because he is not going to talk back, he is not going to judge me and he is not going to ask me to stop all those miserable talks. Naming him is not that easy. I would like to choose some Greek or Latin name for him; will sound fancier ;) hopefully I would come up with a name for him in the next post. I have started a google hunt for the name already.

JUST IN CASE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT SOME MYTHS, HERE ARE SOME, PROMPTLY FLICKED FROM WIKIPEDIA ;)
PEGASUS
Pegasus is one of the best known fantastical as well as mythological creatures in Greek mythology. He is a winged divine horse, usually white in color. He was sired by Poseidon, in his role as horse-god, and foaled by the Gorgon Medusa. He was the brother of Chrysaor, born at a single birthing when his mother was decapitated by Perseus. Greco-Roman poets write about his ascent to heaven after his birth and his obeisance to Zeus, king of the gods, who instructed him to bring lightning and thunder from Olympus. Friend of the Muses, Pegasus is the creator of Hippocrene, the fountain on Mt. Helicon. He was captured by the Greek hero Bellerophon near the fountain Peirene with the help of Athena and Poseidon. Pegasus allows the hero to ride him to defeat a monster, the Chimera, before realizing many other exploits. His rider, however, falls off his back trying to reach Mount Olympus. Zeus transformed him into the constellation Pegasus and placed him in the sky.
Hypotheses have been proposed regarding its relationship with the Muses, the gods Athena, Poseidon, Zeus, Apollo, and the hero Perseus.
The symbolism of Pegasus varies with time. Symbol of wisdom and especially of fame from the Middle Ages until the Renaissance, he became one symbol of the poetry and the creator of sources in which the poets come to draw inspiration, particularly in the 19th century. Pegasus is the subject of a very rich iconography, especially through the ancient Greek pottery and paintings and sculptures of the Renaissance. Personification of the water, solar myth, or shaman mount, Carl Jung and his followers have seen in Pegasus a profound symbolic esoteric in relation to the spiritual energy that allows to access to the realm of the gods on Mount Olympus.
In the 20th and 21st century, he appeared in movies, in fantasy, in video games and in role play, where by extension, the term Pegasus is often used to refer to any winged horse.
ONE ANOTHER THING: Getting into history, I got reminded of my class 10 history teacher. She deserves a mention. She had a control over me. I mean, I would do anything she would want me to do. Obviously I had a liking for her. I would sit all night to read about Japan bombing Pearl Harbor and Gandhiji proposing quit India movement, neglecting my maths assignments and biology records.  There is a point in mentioning this here, in the blog. Off late I was trying to understand why I never fell for anyone before my encounter with HER. In the process, I was trying to remember if I was attracted to anyone before, in my life. The result came up, there were quiet a few of them. Miss Madhu was one of them, note worthy! ;)
SOME OTHER TRIVIAL THINGS:
·         We have been drinking last night.
·         Chennai super kings winning a match was little comforting and worthy of the booze we bought.
·         I was going through a magazine and I found Sameera reddy absolutely mesmerizing.
·         Priyanka chopra in an advertisement reminded me of someone.
·         Before all this I had a lengthy, silent shower :P
·          And I was frustrated about not being able to connect to the internet on dinesh’s laptop. He was supposed to show me a short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment