Saturday, October 01, 2011

yet another day in chennai!

 Thanks to all those who accidentally or intentionally (RARELY) bumped into my blog. It is actually interesting to see people from many parts of the world having a look on your page. I suggest you guys to start blogging. It will definitely be fun. Although most of my viewers are my friends on facebook where I share my blogs, I also get to have a few others from some other sites and I’m still wondering how they bumped into mine. Nevertheless, the views on my page is increasing slowly and I feel good about it for no reasons that might excite any of you ;) sorry if I sound little cynical. I know you guys love reading my blogs :p
For all of you who don’t know me in person; who haven’t read any of my first few blogs and those who keep wondering why the description doesn’t match with the content, this blog was created to tell a super hero tale based in the Indian subcontinent long time ago, say a few thousand years back. I also took liberty to bring in the x-men inside the story adding in the concept of time travel. Somehow in the mid way I realized stories continuing in blogs might not be followed properly and I kept the rest of my stories to be inked in paper than in digital form. And for you international readers, I would like to read some of your blogs too. Please share tem with me if you want. (By now I would have provoked all my real friends here in India and I’m sure I’m going to get a special leg pulling session in our booze party tonight. Guys I know its kind of over dosing or irritating, but you know what I have got international readers too and I have to talk to them also :P)
And my Blogsees( Yes, I have given you friends/accidental visitors from far far away, this name), its 2ND OCTOBER TOMORROW AND THERE WILL BE NO BOOZE AVAILABLE, got to run and pile up stocks before they get over. And another information, our liquor shops generate more revenue than most other public sector institutions. LOL, We Indians are too SPIRITED.
Like I said yesterday, I did go to the release of blaze’s debut album TIME FOR GANDHI at city center mall. I could guess, Not many actually planned to be there, most of them looked like they were just roaming around and ended up watching the show at the atrium. A guy from CHENNAI LIVE FM was busy engaging the crowd (only about a 100. I doubt if I can call that a crowd) till the musicians arrived. He was giving out free landmark vouchers for the answers on his questions about Gandhi. That was the easiest quiz I would have encountered anytime till now in my life. Anyways I didn’t get to get the vouchers, though I knew all the answers. I was not desperate, rather I was disappointed about the fact that just a few minutes back, before I got down to the atrium to watch the show, I ended up buying a book, a poster color pack and a drawing book to paint. The book had a 40% offer and I felt like I have struck a good bargain. I should have kept my shopping for later. Lol, Might have saved some bucks :P The music launch was nothing sort of excellent, but not a flop show either. That guy has got something. Good luck blaze, but I was disappointed that hardly any chicks turned up to your show. I bumped in, guessing a youthful crowd, but I ended up seeing all the middle aged ones, mostly his relatives and well wishers clapping and encouraging him. Good for you! Not me :(
BLAZE should feel a little jealous about the other guy ‘FLO RIDA’ who performed at the inauguration of the t20 champions league at Bangalore. He is getting all the attention right now. I heard him talking over the radio a few days back; he has got a concert here too at VGP. And I don’t know who he is exactly, but I do realize he has got a good following here in Chennai. [ I just googled out this guy, he is the one who sang”you spin me round”, the song that comes in hangover?! Google is so handy ;)] Crowd in Chennai not being really all-Tamil origin nowadays, receives such events very well; it’s a mixed crowd which includes, people from other Indian metros who have migrated for jobs, students from other countries who have been in a metro culture for long, foreign tourists and investors on business trips and so on… this might explain the city becoming typically metro, which was once conservative and humble. Some of you might ask if I’m from Chennai as such, the answer is a BIG NO. But I think I have spent enough time with her now, and I’m really bonding well with her. Why wouldn’t I get time with ‘HER’, like this? Poor me and my poor love. No, I will do something. Yes I will!
All the while I was typing  this blog I was feeling guilty for having lazing around wasting time like a chicken, doing only this silly thing. Never mind, this is what is keeping me engaged and for now I’m going to keep going :) sorry… daddy (read APPA)…. Don worry I’ll be someone someday. Most probably, I would be a dentist. What else can a dentist be? May be also a blogger, writer and a lover, like me ;) lol…

BEFORE I GO:
If you are interested in Hindu mythology, I would like you guys to read these books by Amish Tripathi, ‘THE IMMORTALS OF MELUHA’ & its sequel ‘THE SECRET OF NAGAS’.  I think they are really good ones to read.
   

1 comment:

  1. both the books are a good read...love the way the author unravels the story

    ReplyDelete