Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the weekend, full of events, spirits and paints ;)

In my last blog I was saying about our plans to hit pondy, to celebrate Dr. Bear’s victory over his ‘god knows which attempt’ to clear his final paper! It became just one another usual ‘talk-talk and do nothing’ plans of ours. But the weekend was still honored by a small celebration with Balju, Dino and McDowell’s in our room. Inebriated with McD, I went to sleep in minimal clothing, trying to chill myself off the perspiration that was provoked by a small ‘dancing with spirit session’.


The night before, before I got back to that small celebration of ours, my Pegasus broke down even before he took me hardly a mile away from my clinic after that u-turn I have to take in front of the clinic. It was almost ten and I was very pessimistic of finding a mechanic to fix it!


Pushing it for over a mile I found a puncture shop, nevertheless he didn’t know how to fix the broken chain of my Pegasus. A bystander [an auto-rickshaw driver I guessed from his khaki uniform] offered to fix it for me, only to scare my shit out when he took it for a reaaaaaly loooong test drive after he fixed it! Without any thought I just shoved him a 100 bucks when he came back and fled the place immediately. For a moment I thought my bike was not coming back! Lucky nothing happened like that! :P
I woke up super fresh and I found that I was in mood to paint, I drew a couple of paintings one if which, Dino claims as his just for painting the blue background. He even did a signature on it! Ridiculous! :P

day1- painting1

day2- painting 2

painting 1 on weekend

painting 2 on weekend
[thanks dinesh, for the blue paint you dropped accidentally. god knows how i changed it into this! :P]

Later we all took off to Pooja Sathish Dhaba for lunch. We came back and tried to draw another one which was totally messed up! The idea was to paint a vermillion backdrop in which a dark blue Nike tick was to come with blue paint splattered all around with a brush. something similar to this...
               
Unfortunately, the paint that I took in the brush was too fluid and it literally poured on to the brilliantly made vermillion backdrop. And trying to convert it into a modern–art-like painting we ended up producing something like cow dung stamped and spread all around!

We dropped any further ideas about making it look better and we took off to EXPRESS AVENUE mall. On the way, I lost 200 bucks to a traffic cop for my expired vehicle insurance. On top of that, when I tried to escape the situation by letting him know that I’m a doctor, I was given a embarrassing session of advice about how noble our profession is and all those similar things. I got no choice, but to listen to him just to avoid losing another 250 bucks over a legal booking for an expired insurance. I bet he would have had enough money collected before diwali to gift his wife an led TV! With that I gave up the idea of buying myself some books at landmark discount sale I was heading to, and decided to make myself fully available to have an eye-warming session at the mall looking at the chicks flocking the mall! That weekend was terrible for Pegasus! [Actually not for him, but me :(]

At the atrium of the mall there stood a stall which was selling Samsung tabloids. There were six pairs of legs, in medium-length skirts! Getting closer to those flawless and smooth legs, I realized that they were wearing stalkings! The guilt that I had for taking such an invasive look over them was now no more! I felt cheated! “I can’t feel guilt for looking at something which was not real” I said to myself. After two hours of wandering around. We decided to catch up with a movie. “Real steel” was on our list. In my list I had ‘friends with benefits’ and ‘crazy stupid love’ also. When we found the hall was full for ‘real steel’ I was gesturing at the poster of 'crazy stupid love'. I was hopelessly turned down and we took off to purasaivakkam, to see if we can catch up ‘real steel’ at Motcham Theater. Having reached too early for the night show, we decided to ‘spirit’ ourselves before the movie. This time it was LaMartine with nethili fry doing the rounds! A little extra that I had made me sleep all the way through the movie! I woke up only to see people getting out of the theatre! Never mind, I had fun at the bar and the military mess we ate. For once I was taking up the role that drunken b@##$%^ shouting mindlessly in public! ;)


The next day I was feeling so fresh that I extended the plot of my first novel and now I think I can really write a novel out of the plot I have now! ;) I also rechristened my novel from “the night I slept with Samantha” to “From Chennai to Rio via Guangzhou” I now have to research a bit about Rio and Guangzhou on internet before I would start building the story and I’m on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment